Monday, March 24, 2008

A Gift…for my friend

Today morning I woke up
Suddenly remembered what it was

It’s your birthday
A day that comes one’s in whole year

So special you’re to me
& how was I to forget it

Cursed myself n got out of bed,
& set off with whatever money I’d saved…


First I went up to the clouds
Thought I’d get you few STARS

Like you’ve been there with me always
Guiding my ship so far

All that you’ve to do is Wish
Then they would make it happen

I’m sure they’ll never say no
Even if you ask a little too much!!

Flashy n flamboyant they were,
Shining bright as the night stayed

Then I remembered your radiant smile
& in seconds they all faded…


Then I thought to myself,
How about a bunch of ROSES,

So glad you’d be to see them,
Admiring them with blissful faces,

I had no doubt in my mind
They were vivid & beautiful too,

But I couldn’t answer something,
Do they reflect all that you do?

I couldn’t find a single one as
Comforting as your friendly touch

& in none of them I could see
The merriment on your smiling lips…


So next I went to a shop
To bring you few CHOCOLATES

I knew you’d simply love them
With different flavors and tastes

I was about to pack up
But the problem came again

They weren’t as sweet
As your memories are to me

It wasn’t like being with you
With them I could resist…


In the end I couldn’t find
A fitting gift for you my dear friend

I wish you’ll believe me
I really don’t know what to do

For me in this whole world,
Nothing means more than you...

I don’t have much money;
I’ll try if I can get some soon,

So for now whatever I have,
I’ve put down here in these words

Here I’ve come to greet you today
With this little song I wrote

I promise to be there with you forever
To share your tears n dreams

That’s the only I can gift I have
Just hoping that you’ll love it…

No comments: